|Forum Home > Website Traffic > Sticky: 65 Great Ways To Get More Traffic To Your Site!|
65 Great Ways To Get More Traffic To Your Site!
1. Write something great about your niche and email other bloggers to let them know – there’s a good chance they’ll link to you
2. Have a signature link in forums that points to your site.
3. Post links to your pages to social bookmarking sites.
4. Leave comments on other people’s blogs and link back to your site (tip: look in the digg upcoming section for blog posts about to get a lot of traffic).
5. Have the opposite opinion on everyone else on a popular topic, providing you can justify it. Everyone will get annoyed and link to you saying your wrong.
6. Answer questions on Yahoo Answers - quote your website as the source.
7. Post in Yahoo and Google Groups with a link to your site in your signature.
8. Make a 404 page that redirects to your homepage – no point losing visitors.
9. Have an opt-in form – trade links with someone else who has an opt in form on your confirmation page.
10. Review a product or company – if your review is positive email the company and ask to be featured in their press section. (this has worked really well for me).
11. Write articles and submit them to article directories.
12. Write a Press Release and submit it to PRWeb (make sure it is newsworthy).
13. Use PayPerClick Traffic (e.g Adwords, MSN Adcenter, YSM)
14. Add an RSS subscribe button/link in a high profile spot on your site.
15. Add a mailing list subscribe form in a high profile spot on your site.
16. Add a bookmark this site link in a high profile spot on your site.
17. Use a Tell A Friend Script on your site so people can email their friend about an article on your website.
18. Submit a blog to a blog directory.
19. Submit you RSS feed to RSS feed directories.
20. Mention your website in a post on Craigslist (don’t spam)
21. Optimize the titles of your pages for keywords people will search for.
22. Buy links to your site.
23. Buy reviews about your site on other people’s site.
24. Buy banner space on other websites if you can get a good ROI
25. Send articles to ezine publishers with a link back to your website.
26. Do a big viral push for a piece of link bait, post it in forums, social bookmarking sites like digg, email bloggers, and get a few people to vote for you on social bookmarking sites – this little push could start a viral chain reaction!
27. Have a link to your site on community sites like MySpace and FaceBook.
28. Use a traffic trading system like BlogRush.
29. Purchase misspellings of competitors domains and redirect your site (be careful of trademark infringement)
30. Create a freebie product to give away (ebook, software, whitepaper etc.)
31. Submit your site to the hundreds of free directories – use the viles-silencer list.
32. Do a group feature where you get other website owners in your niche to participate – maybe asking them all an opinion on something.
33. Hold a competition for the Top 50 in your niche – 1 month later post the results and let everyone know who featured – watch them link back to say what there position was.
34. Pass out business cards when you go to industry events in your niche.
35. If you have a product start an affiliate program and start approaching affiliates.
36. Submit videos to video sharing sites like YouTube and Metacafe. Include a link in the description and within the actual video.
37. If you have a product send it to website owners to get reviewed.
38. Look at a big website within your niche and ask to write some guest posts for them.
39. Create pages with links to your site on places like Squidoo and Hubpages.
40. Place classified Ads on eBay with a link to your website.
41. Use an autoresponder on your mailing list to keep people coming back to your site.
42. Exchange links with a few related sites in your niche.
43. Network! Email other site owners, phone them up, go to industry events and get yourself known. If they know your face they will likely talk about you on their site if you do something interesting.
44. Many forums have a place for you to advertise your site once – find them and do it.
45. Purchase advertising in other people’s mailing lists and newsletters.
46. Create an Amazon profile and start submitting reviews.
47. Create profiles on MySpace and start networking in groups that are interested in your site’s niche.
48. Conduct a survey and publish the results – make sure you let people know about it.
49. Get your hand on a load of PLR content for your niche. Add a commentary to the top, create a unique title, and post them all to your site – lots of new content and lots of new traffic.
50. Create a cartoon mascot for your site – then hold a competition for someone to create the best game for it – pay the winner a decent amount.
51. Make sure you have a memorable domain name that is short and catchy.
52. Use a well-searched for keyword within your domain name to help rank for that keyword.
53. If you sell a product ask someone else who sells a product to list your product with theirs, and you’ll do the same for them – split commissions on sales.
54. When you write a new article on your site – link to as many blogs as possible – they will likely see your site in their pingbacks, website stats, or Technorati. They will visit your site and possibly subscribe to it and link back at a later date.
55. Get your RSS feed syndicated to different sites like Zimbio and hubpages and Topix
56. If your site is popular and has quality unique content then apply to get listed in Google’s News search.
57. Create a sitemap and submit it to Google (not great but might help)
58. Use your robots.txt file to stop Google indexing certain directories and pages on your blog (such as archives) to avoid duplicate content issues).
59. Create a couple of small 10 page sites related to your main site. Offer links on these smaller sites in return for links to your main site (this is triangular reciprocal linking).
60. Get yourself known as an expert and get featured in offline magazines, TV and radio stations.
61. Use an auto-translator service to translate your site into other languages – put it in a subdirectory and watch foreign traffic come in.
62. Make posts about sex (don’t have to post anything rude) – and watch the porn surfers find their way to your site through Google.
Lets say I have a site about Pianos.
For a one off post on your blog you might find a TV advert for pianos on YouTube that has a nude woman playing piano - all tasteful - not showing anything.
Post that video on your site - write a commentary with plenty of keywords in (use a few different ones) - make the title something like:
"Nude Piano Playing Woman - Naked Lady Gets Musical On Youtube"
Now you'll likely get lots of horny people arriving at your site who searched for sex related terms in Google like
"Nude Woman on Piano"
"Naked Musical Lady"
"Nude Woman YouTube"
and so on...
even these obscure terms can bring some traffic.
It won't bring the highest quality traffic - but it can still be monetized on.
63. Post about celebrities current events if it relates to your niche – there’s always a lot of people looking up celebrity stuff.
64. Write good headlines/titles – good titles get more clicks.
65. Get some stickers with your domain name on. Go out and stick them on strangers and say “My Website Yeah, Check it out.”
(Article author: Jason Green, of: http://www.sitesalary.com/free-course.php)